re-pipe bonding

This might help

"You are here: Ofwat > Household consumers > Supply and standards > Water pressure
What are the official standards for water pressure?
The guaranteed standards scheme (GSS) sets out that water companies shall maintain a minimum pressure of water in the communication pipe serving the premises supplied with water of seven metres static head. Companies also monitor the number of properties at risk of low pressure against an indicator known as DG2. The DG2 measure is ten metres head of pressure, at the external stop tap, at a flow of nine litres per minute. This should be sufficient to fill a one-gallon (4.5 litre) container in 30 seconds.

Companies report to us each year about the number of properties failing the guaranteed standard and those at risk measured by the DG2 indicator. You can see these in our 'Service and delivery – performance of the water companies in England and Wales 2008-09' report. "

Cobblers Shoes were a good un :D
I appreciate the info of the water flow, mine is 6 litres per minute, but, nobody has answered the question of why does bonding have to be connected within 600 mm of gas/water point, when all can be picked up at boiler point in my garage 40 feet from ingress, and run to consumer board 5 5feet away? Saving approx 100 feet of cable and scrawling under floors.All house pipes terminate at boiler next to CB in garage, gas meter is 40-50 feet away+ water inlet pipe???

Sponsored Links
Because any difference in potential, say on the mains water pipe, would have to flow through the pipe work to the point of bonding, so the pipe work would be at a different potential to the MET, completely defeating the idea of bonding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back