Re-Plastering on Glued Tiles Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just removed loads of cork tiles from plastered wall. These were nailed and glued to plaster.

I want to re-plaster, but I am concerned about the glue which in places is peeling from the plaster. I have tried steamer, hot-air gun, and paint strippers to remove, and only thing that shifted it was nitromors. The wall surface is quite large, approx 50m2, so do not really want to use stripper.

I was thinking about screwing plasterboard to wall as not confident D&D would give good bond onto flaky glue.

Or could wall just be re-skimmed?

Any advice most welcome

Sponsored Links
is the glue solid or is it like silicone ie jelly like. if the glue is solid scrape the loose off and apply neat pva mixed with sand or bonding coat all over the wall with a brush let it dry over night and that will give you a good key for overskim if it is soft like jelly then id overboard the wall

Sponsored Links
id board over it then just ruff the areas up with a hammer where you are going to put ur dabs of adhesive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back