Re-pointing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...
need help pricing a repointing job up, normally wouldn't be a problem, but this one is a windmill.
approx 350 m2 total, scaffold is being supplied by customer.
rake out joints (not aloud to use grinder etc as its through heritage)
gauged lime mortar using ash for colour.
All bricks are headers.
Wind mill has patches of cement joints and even silicon in places???

customer is looking for m2 price including materials.

Any help will be much appreciated

cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi...
need help pricing a repointing job up, normally wouldn't be a problem, but this one is a windmill.

cheers
well it`s got to be near double the normal stretcher rate due to being all headers , then there is the freeze factor with that wind blowing , and working @ height premium - if it`s Sutton mill ;) and it`s a pain trying to rake out manually . Seriously I`d be surprised if anyone would want it :cry:

Hi...

cheers
well it`s got to be near double the normal stretcher rate due to being all headers , then there is the freeze factor with that wind blowing , and working @ height premium - if it`s Sutton mill ;) and it`s a pain trying to rake out manually . Seriously I`d be surprised if anyone would want it :cry:

Hi nige, cheers for your reply.
No it aint sutton mill....
I worked it out that it would take two men two months or 40 working days on £300 a day divide that by total meterage plus materials works out about £35 m2 +materials £400.

Sponsored Links
Back