Re-pressurising Baxi Duo-tec Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help! I have E119 error which I have read that means I need to re-pressurise the bolier. I have opened the values - leftside 1st and then opened the right but nothing is happening - any advise?
Thanks
Gail

Sponsored Links
You have opened the correct valves? They have a black round knobs on??

They need to be opened quite a bit.

open righthand valve Fully then open l/hand slowly till pressure starts to rise.

If they are fully open it may be that the nrv is stuck in which case best advise would be to replace with a standard filling loop.
U may need a plumber for this.

Thank you, yes I am opening the values with the black ends.
Will try the right and then the left.

Sponsored Links
No opening the right and then the left didn't work - any other suggestions on a Sunday night :confused:

Iv have had a few of these that have broken and the non reuturn valve has come away blocking the inlet, try slackening the middle (copper\) section then opening the the left valve and see if any water escapes.

The baxi filling loop is the worst part of what i consider to be a good boiler.
UNless u take the left hand valve off the boiler and prise the nrv out theres nothing really that u can do.
Its also likly that if u remove it without replacement washers or sealing compound u will end up with a leeking boiler.
Replace with std filling loop and it wont bother u again.
A good plumber shouldnt take more than an hour plus parts (tenner)
The power being on will not damage the boiler they have a low pressure switch inside which stops the boiler working to protect it when this happens

What caused the drop in pressure. Have you bled any radiators?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back