Re-routing central heating - is this a valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of renovating my kitchen and will need to re-route some pipe work from the combi boiler.

However, it seems to have a valve or something in the bit I need to shorten.
It was hidden behind the old wall cupboard and seems to be leaking slightly at the screw.

The pipe seems old, and smaller than the standard 22mm, so guessing I need a modern equivalent to this fitting?

It's new 22mm copper pipe coming out the combi and into this older pipework.

Sponsored Links
Looks like an old non-return valve from a previous gravity system. Best remove it and solder new pipe section. You can buy imperial to metric couplings if it is 3/4" pipe.

Looks like an old non return valve probably from an earlier system,u can probably cut it out if it's just a Combi system an get a straight adaptor from 22mm to old three quarter pipe

Sponsored Links
Looks like an old non return valve probably from an earlier system,u can probably cut it out if it's just a Combi system an get a straight adaptor from 22mm to old three quarter pipe

Thanks both.

Was hoping it was a hangover from the old system. Will remove as you suggest.

Combi in bedroom above, comes down wall, across part of kitchen floor and back up into bedroom above, in a big U shape.
Would have thought when they changed to combi and took boiler out of kitchen they would have simplified!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back