Re-sealing a plastic soil pipe in a solid concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a bungalow built on a slope and to keep it level we have garage underneath at the low end of the site. The garage floor is re-inforced concrete and the retaining wall (propping up the bungalow) is similar. A soil pipe from upstairs (stairs which lead down to the garage) comes into the garage and through the concrete floor. In the last few months, whenever it rains, water has steadily oozed from around the soil pipe and flooded the garage. I have just found this (I thought it came under the garage door at first). I have investigated this and found that for an inch (about) around the soil pipe, I can dig out loose gravel. I need to block this gap.

Please can someone tell me what I can use?

Application is not going to be too easy as the soil pipe is close to the wall, but if I know what to try, I'll have go at it.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I've failed to get a photo placed on the board despite forwarding it to admin as the faq suggests.

I'll just have to do my own thing. :)

have Patience, rome wasnot built in a day.
Try looking in forum information

expanding foam. As used by window frame installers and many other people fr sealing and fixing frames, pipes, etc.

regards,

Sponsored Links
If you haven't done it yet.
Clear out about 30mm deep the loose gravel and apply cold lay pitch then apply the hemp pressing it down as hard as you can around the pipe assuming there is room at the back of the pipe to do this then coat in layers to fill the gap. I won't guarantee it but it worked on mine.

Pitch and hemp obtainable from most builders merchants NOT the DIY stores. Also explain what it's for and they may come up with a better solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back