Re-sticking wood planks

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Last year I laid a 35m² engineered maple floor. Unfortunately there is one part of the floor where two planks have come up - see pic. Adjacent planks are still firmly stuck down. It appears to be due to a lack of adhesion in that area but I haven't pulled out the planks to check. If I step on the boards they go back level easily, then pop up when the weight comes off them. Luckily they are right at the edge of the floor at a transition piece.

What are your repair recommendations? The floor was a glue-down with Bona R850. There shouldn't be any adhesive on the tongues and now seems like the best time of year to effect a repair before the humidity increases. I could pull out the boards, scrape off the adhesive (from board and floor) and then try to drop the two planks in at an angle like they are now. Would that work? Otherwise I could cut of the tongues if I have to and that doesn't weaken the floor too much?

What adhesive would you recommend? Hard to justify £80 worth of Bona for two planks! Is there something compatible I can buy in smaller quantities like a caulk gun? I only have a standard gun, not one for the special Bona sausages.

It looks like Bona offer a product called R880 which is advertised for repairs. Otherwise CT1 seems to get recommended for everything. Has anyone used R880?

Thanks

DSC_0024 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi Foxhole, the threshold sat on the bead of no more nails at the bottom of the picture. When the planks came up they pushed off the threshold.

Threshold must be mechanically fixed , would have prevented floor lifting .

Sponsored Links
Squirt some fixall under the joint should hold it together with threshold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back