reading spot light above bed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi the other half wants to have a reading light above the bed. is it possible to have a ceiling spot ( mounted on wall) and connected to a 13amp mains plug.

Sponsored Links
should be fine, just make sure you restrain the flex going into the fitting somehow, earth the fitting if it requires it and fit a 3A fuse in the plug.

I want to do something similar to the post above for my cupboard under stairs and this is probably a silly question but how do I know if I need to earth the fitting (without touching it :rolleyes: )? Can I just use 3 core flex and earth it anyway? Thanks....

Sponsored Links
Hello,
Class 1 fittings require an earth, they have exposed conductive parts. Class 2 fittings do not require an earth.
'Running' a 3-core cable and leaving the 'earthing' conductor in a connector block may be helpful if you decide to change the fitting at a later date.

Hope this helps

Ed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back