real or artificial

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
with all this so called globle warming should we have real or artificial christmas trees, which is better for the environment :confused: give us a clue

Sponsored Links
Damn, I thought this was a topic about something completly different. ;)

My tree's plastic just for the record. :)

Sponsored Links
So...it seems like you are all more interested in womens lungs than the environment

You people..!!!!...tututututututututtutututututut!...tut!

Real tree is good, but it seems not enough trees cut to be chrismas tree for each family in the world now, forest is reducing. Maybe use real when big party of many people, and artifical in home. Just my two cents.

We've always had artificial and I like them, no mess at the end. I sometimes think the real trees look a bit sparse

I bought a real tree from b&q last year. Still in his pot and it lasted all year outside in the garden. I gave it a trim and bought it in last week, hence saving £15 quid. That has surley gotta be good for the enviroment all round!

Yarn said:
Still in his pot and it lasted all year outside in the garden.

I'm sure keeping a real tree is best and we did that two years ago. I took the root ball out of the pot it came in and replanted it in a something resembling half a barrel. The bottom half is filled with gravel and the drainage holes are just above this.

It lasted outside a whole year like this but just after the following spring I noticed that all the needles were dropping off. I'm no gardener but my mother is. She spotted it and said "Didn't you feed it?" :eek: :eek: :eek:

I started feeding it liquid plant food straight away and it sprouted new growth from the tips of its bare branches but nothing much in the middle. :( :( :( Don't let yours go the same way.

Ban 'em! Who really needs a bloody tree in their house. Nutters.

Sponsored Links
Back