REAL TIME QUESTION: PLease help....I have just drained....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
refilled my vented central heating system to fit new TRV's. Filled the system back up and bled all the rads, starting downstairs first, then upstairs. Initially the boiler (Ideal) fired up straight away. Turned everything back on switched on the water and CH to get everything pumping through the system. Now boiler is not on and the pump in the airing cupboard is RED HOT.

Please help.

Sponsored Links
p2493710_l.jpg

undo the screw marked bleed and make sure the shaft is turning

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. The shaft is spinning...as I was looking at it there was a big rush of water and just checked the boiler has fired up. Must be more trapped air in the system. I have bled all the rads, is there anything else I can bleed to remove the air?

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
might be a bleed near the cylinder type of system might help :idea:

There looks to be a bleed screw on the top of the pipe that goes into the top of the water cylinder. Very tight though, don't want to break it. System is VERY noisy...gushing/rushing water.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have bled that now. Not much air trapped in there. The pump is on max setting (3)...is this correct?

please note 10a

Make sure controls call for heating and hot water, run system short while then stop wait and listen for gurgling, try the air bleeder in airing cupboard, and the one at the top of boiler, and any others, and the big screw on the pump. Start it again, and repeat. Try at different pump speeds. Check all rads are warming up, any areas which aren't, shut off all other rads except the zone that isn't heating repeat above. If still problems there is more you can do but see if this works first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back