Reccomend me a CORDED reliable drill

That's not a general purpose drill. It's the WRONG drill for you.

But it was cheap, satisfyingly won because no-one bid on it, and the OP gets to lug around a transformer which may otherwise be unused.

What can be wrong with that :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Arrived this morning, gave it a quick clean and tested it out - works excellent, though the safety catch dosn't quite work, but that's not the end of the world.

I only had two SDS plus masonry bits to hand so I had a go through a brick and was suitably impressed by it's incredible performance and working operation of the SDS plus hammer system.

Will test it out on wood, sheet steel and animal horn as soon as I get hold of some suitible bits.

What brand of bits and auger bits do you guys reccomend for the aformentioned materials? I wouldn't want sub-par bits with such a good quality drill as this is.

What brand of bits and auger bits do you guys reccomend for the aformentioned materials? I wouldn't want sub-par bits with such a good quality drill as this is.

That's the best example of irony I've ever seen. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
GOt hold of two SDS plus masonry bits and have been drilling through brick and buffalo horn and have been very impressed with the performance.

I've got a set of Joran SDS plus auger bits on order so I'll let you all know how it poerforms through wood.

It is a good drill, but larger bore auger bits can get it overheating. Flat bits are better with it.
Do not use tha chuck adaptor on hammer, unless you want to watch it explode.
As said its not really a universal drill, but it is a good one. Forgotten how long i`ve had mine now. I generally drill 25 mm holes in masony down to 6mm and up to 1metre in depth.
Use it for wood with 20mm flat for fitting locks into wooden doors ( Or use the cordless, depends whats to hand).

It is a little bulky with the chuck adaptor on if in limited space, but you can get SDS flat bits and auger if your really set on them ( 20mm being the biggest I would suggest).

Thanks for the tips. What chuck adapter do I need for this model of drill? Can you link me to a place I can buy from, please.

The 3 wood auger bits arrived this morning. 6, 12 and 25mm made by "Joran".
I'm VERY impressed with the ease and accuracy these auger bits drive through wood. Amazing stuff :LOL:

By the time you put an adaptor in etc it'll be 2 feet long as horribly unweildy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back