Recent DIY SOS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Did anyone see the DIY SOS programe the other night?

I found it interesting, as it clearly showed how damp had come through the dabs on p/boarded D&D, where it had been applied straight onto Limestone walls.
Most of the boarding had been done by the buider that had walked away, and they had to start by ripping it all out, and then covered the bare walls with sand & cement render.
I don't think they mentioned what ratios or admixtures they put in - how inconsiderate ;)

PS for later on, Happy New Year all :D

Sponsored Links
I agree with ya Newbee. Sometimes they give you a "top tip", but it would be more useful if they told the viewers exactly what a problem was, it's cause, and the way to remedy it. It would have probably have been a 4 to 1 scratch, then a 5 to 1 top coat, with a waterproofer/plasticiser admix, but it would be handy if they told the viewers for future reference.
I watch the programme a lot,,, love it. They're all really good tradesmen. All the best to you and yours for New Year mukka! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back