Recessed Halogen Downlights - Always Blowing & Expensive

Sponsored Links
I'm one of those people who regards a kitchen as a place of work.

It's not somewhere to sit and read.

It's not somewhere to sit and use a laptop.

It's not somewhere to charge mobile phones and MP3 players.

It's not somewhere to just look at through an open doorway.

It's somewhere to fry/bake/grill/roast/steam/boil things.

It's somewhere where fridge, freezer, drawers & cupboards get opened and closed a lot.

It's somewhere where work surfaces are used to prepare food, not to display an artful arrangement of dried flowers.

Yes, of course I clean up, but I can sure do without the extra work (frequency, duration and difficulty) of getting marks off brushed stainless steel and polished black granite.

It's OK for us all not to be the same you know!

The kitchen is the hub of my house - it's the primary communal area.

Your list is almost the opposite to mine :)

We do

We do

We do

Well, it gets used as well as looked at!

It's somewhere where fridge, freezer, drawers & cupboards get opened and closed a lot.

Well yes, that is the primary purpose of a kitchen

It's somewhere where work surfaces are used to prepare food, not to display an artful arrangement of dried flowers.
There is nothing on any of my work surfaces except the coffee maker, kettle and toaster.

Yes, of course I clean up, but I can sure do without the extra work (frequency, duration and difficulty) of getting marks off brushed stainless steel and polished black granite.

I'm not sure I really understand this point because stainless steel and granite are very easy to keep clean.

Sponsored Links
Your list is almost the opposite to mine :)
Mine too.

It looks like it's BAS who's the odd one out. Maybe he's only got a small kitchen — mine's 40ft long.

We do

We do

We do.

We don't.

Yep, it's all of those things too.

I have lots of brushed stainless steel and a polished black granite table top. Not found any propensity to attract fingermarks though. It seems to me that BAS has not based his opinion on experience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back