Recession & the Chinese Renminbi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha RWR

The rmb is the official currency, the Yuan is the unit of account. Like sterling and the pound.

Where this depreciation?

You've been caught out yet again. That link backs up everything I've stated, where's your link?, you really are as thick as a whale sandwich.

Sponsored Links
Hahaha RWR

The rmb is the official currency, the Yuan is the unit of account. Like sterling and the pound.

Where this depreciation?

You've been caught out yet again. That link backs up everything I've stated, where's your link?, you really are as thick as a whale sandwich.

I was commenting that this is not just the UK economy
YOU said there was a 'world recession'. There is no world recession.

However the UK economy is contracting and this is true of the UK. Boddggdd is wrong and a liar and a troll.

Sponsored Links
Could this recession be avoided

I said.
Which suggests the recession David Cameron predicted is not with us as yet.

If the UK goes into recession so does Europe and then the world.

Many economists said that the recent quarterly spike in economic growth was due to Brexit stockpiling and not some Tory financial brilliance looks like they were correct.

Clicky

I said.
Which suggests the recession David Cameron predicted is not with us as yet.
If the UK goes into recession so does Europe and then the world.
upload_2019-8-11_19-18-23.png

The sense of excitement among some Remainers is almost palpable. Finally – after three years of waiting – a quarter of negative growth has materialised following all the grim warnings of Brexit-related economic turmoil.

Manufacturing, which shrank by 2.3 per cent, was the worst-performing sector of the economy. The dominant services sector expanded but only just, at 0.1 per cent.

Another quarter of negative growth and Britain will be in recession – albeit rather later and shallower than George Osborne infamously predicted just ahead of the 2016 recession. Back then, the chancellor published Treasury forecasts suggesting that GDP would slip by between 3.5 and six per cent within two years of a Leave vote – and that unemployment would rise by between 500,000 and 800,000. In the event, unemployment has fallen to a 45 year low

But these latest figures aren’t necessarily to do with Brexit. For one thing, growth across the EU has slumped. By the time that the next UK quarterly figures are published in November, Germany and Italy may well be in recession. Italy has already had a recession, in the latter half of last year; Germany very nearly suffered the same fate, with two quarters of zero growth.

It is therefore difficult to argue that the UK is doing especially badly thanks to Brexit. The entire global economy may be heading for recession, which wouldn’t be surprising. Recessions seem to be a pretty inevitable part of our economic system, and have tended to occur every few years as a result of cycles of production and consumption. It might be said the global economy is due a recession, having not suffered one for a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back