Reclaimed bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me identify these bricks please
These Bricks are from the back wall of the house, the house was built in 1938
IMAG0182.jpg

These are from my extension, I'm not sure when it was built but I'm guessing around the 1960's
IMAG0179.jpg

I live in Mansfield Nottingham so if anyone can point me in the right direction to get bricks close to these I'd be grateful.

TIA[/b]

Sponsored Links
The old ones look like a class b stock brick.

The newer type might be the old Scotch Common (or Giscolls as they are now known) however these brick have got much lighter in colour these days and dont blend as well as they used to with older brick ie Cheshire Common.

Plenty of online brick library's http://www.expressbricks.com/bricks.php?texture=Stock but your best bet for a match on the older is a local reclamation yard but they will cost more than new.

Well I talked to a sales person on the phone, I sent them an email given by the person at expressbricks; which failed, so I sent another to the standard email address, and I got nothing, no ring back, no email nada zip blank, I don't think I'll be using them any time soon.

Where has service gone? Never mind I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
The old bricks came from a quarry in Woodthorpe - long closed down. It's a park now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back