Reclaimed Parquet Flooring onto Floorboards and Concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope some one can help, I have been looking through past threads and found lots of useful info, however need a little further help. I have recently purchased 30 sq metres of reclaimed teak parquet and plan to lay in my hall and dining room. I have a few questions

1) They are dowelled not T&G - do I glue the dowels with PVA as i go?.

2) I need to lay on both concrete and wooden sub floors. Due to existing levels I have not got any clearence to lay ply or hardboard onto the wooden sub floor - the floorboards are pretty decent do you think it will be okay to lay direct onto existing boards?.
3 Have purchased Wickes Parquet Floor adhesive do you think this will be good enough to fix the existing bitumen backed blocks to both boards and concrete?. If adhesive not good enough would it be possible to spot them down using a gripfill or similar?

4) Would like to keep them as neutral as possible and a few testers with finishing oils has made them quite dark. Can you get a clear Wax that will not change the colour too much after sanding and will this be hard wearing enough
many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back