Reclaimed parquet: Solvent or solvent free adhesive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its getting close to that point I've been waiting a long time for since we started to dig up and pour new floor slabs in my house. We took up the original parquet and stored while we've been doing the slabs, and its nearly time to lay it again.

I've read through many threads on here, and on other forums detailing what to do etc, and I'm fairly confident - and looking forward to the end result after a long slog!

One question I have however; The tiles have the original bitumen on them, and we're going to scrape the majority of it off, and get them as flat as we can. Considering the bottom of the tiles will be stained with bitumen, which adhesive would you advise?

Everyone seems to recommend F.Ball products, specifically the B91 and B92 adhesive. The B91 being solvent free, and the B92 being solvent based.

I look forward to your replies!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
For jobs like yours we use the B91. For longer strip flooring or floor boards you should use B92

Make sure you use the correct notched trowel too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back