Recommend a mains isolator, pre CU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to make some cable alterations to a 100A CU and eventually move the CU. After reading the forum it seems prudent for me to get the electricity board to connect an isolator post meter/pre CU. Can anyone recommend a model/supplier to enable me to install the isolator and maybe save a few bob before letting the professional make the connections from a TT supply.

Regards
Derek..

Sponsored Links
Any double pole isolating mains switch same as the ones in consumer units, rated at 100amp & fitted in a suitable enclosure.
Take a trip to your local electrical wholesaler or goto http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk

Thats a relief, I was looking at 'industrial type' at £100.
Thanks

If its TT you must make sure the enclosure is insulated if it’s placed before the main RCD. Alternatively in a TT install you could put the DP RCD in place of the isolator.
If the CU location will need meter tails over 2m you will need to install your own fuse to protect the tails. Again in a TT install this will need to be insulated if the RCD is after it.

Sponsored Links
brown-nought said:
If the CU location will need meter tails over 2m you will need to install your own fuse to protect the tails.
In which case using a switchfuse as the isolator would be the neatest solution.

I used a merlin & gerin DP isolator 125A mounted in a WF enclosure - bit beefier than the usual one.

Have a lovely piccy that I used in a thread Ban started about the same topic, but now I can't find it - I MUST make a note of all the links for my pix.....

securespark said:
I used a merlin & gerin DP isolator 125A mounted in a WF enclosure - bit beefier than the usual one.

Have a lovely piccy that I used in a thread Ban started about the same topic, but now I can't find it - I MUST make a note of all the links for my pix.....
iso.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back