Recommend a Replacement for a Turbomax 824E ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My place has a Turbomax 824E combi boiler which I think is about 12 years old . Time to replace it I think .

Can you experts please tell me what would be a decent replacement ? Please ?

I have a 2 bedroom flat . One bathroom . One shower . 6 radiators . One kitchen sink .

I don't want to spend a zillion pounds buying some boiler that's designed for a 4 bedroom house !! Just the right boiler for here .

My Thanks .

Sponsored Links
Intergas combi, no diverter valve, 5yr warranty and 10yr warranty on heat exchanger.
You don,t need a mag cleaner, top boiler.

I'm sorry easyflow . And I'm grateful . But I don't understand !

If you can give me a boiler model name or number I can follow through looking for one . I do appreciate it .

Hi. Google Intergas combi boilers and all the information is there, I would say a 28kw would be fine for your requirements.

Sponsored Links
Hang on . Am I being dumb ? Is " Intergas " the brand name of a boiler ?

If its a make of boiler would you be able to tell me which model I need ?

Thanks again easyyflow.

My question overlapped with your comeback .

I'll do as you say .

Takk .

Well I never heard of them before but I see they are indeed a brand of boiler !

My old one is Vaillant . What do you think ? Are Intergas as least as good as Vaillant ?

I guess I'll never know .

But thanks very much easyflow.

Most people haven,t heard of them, but given the choice I wouldnt fit anything else, Vaillant and worcester bosch just over priced and well marketed, nothing special and have their fair share of problems like cheap boilers.

OK Many thanks .

Unfortunately Plumb Center are closed today .

I'll be down there tomorrow . What surprises me is that I believe you when you say that Vaillant are well-marketed and over priced so I thought Intergas would not cost as much as they do .
They seem more expensive than Vailllant .
But what's the point of me asking you and then not listening to you ? So I'll certainly enquire about Intergas .

Have a nice Sunday lunch .

Do check them out Iv fitted 12 of them, no probs whatsoever, but in the morning I have 2 vaillants and 1Ferroli to repair.

Do you install as well as repair ?

And are you anywhere at all near Camberley ( Guildford kind of area ) ?

My present boiler works ..... but I do think it's trying to die .

I install and repair but based in Kent, and at 12 yrs old probably trying to die or uneconomical to repair.

I guess I'll never know .

But thanks very much easyflow.
Wow, waiting a whole ten minutes for him to reply, you're a really patient one aren't you!? It's worth knowing that the pro's on here giving advice have lives too, they aren't paid a penny for all the advice dispensed and do it in their free time. Answers will come, but can take a while.

As for which boiler, I'd also recommend the Intergas. List prices are higher than Vaillant but trade prices are lower. Plumb Center tend to be expensive though, trade or not

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back