Recommend me a Hex key set please

For the odd 7mm you may be better off just buying that one separately rather than hunting round for a set

Sponsored Links
I prefer the T handle ones

The ball ends are great.

I bought a nice set made by Laser Tools when I worked in a tool shop as a teenager, nearly 20 yrs later it's still going strong:

(it's available on ebay for £36)

Lidl sometimes do a set for about a tenner (maybe less), I have the matching T handle torx set, it's totally fine for diy use.

Got a decent Wiha T handle set years ago for bike maintenance but these are now not cheap.

I prefer the T handle ones
I suppose that a set of these would also be useful but I will go with the L shape normal set because it always seems to me anyway that the hex head is in an in assessable place especially the smaller ones. Door handle grub screw, back of tap, --- er that's all I can think of :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
All sets seem to miss out 7mm, which is a size found on some car brakes. Ball end ones are useful, when you cannot exactly line the key shaft up, with the socket.
Always use a hex socket for brake calipers.
Agree on the ball ended ones.
Got 3 sets of Bondhus metric and one set of imperial keys.
Used daily. For years.

Always use a hex socket for brake calipers.
Agree on the ball ended ones.
Got 3 sets of Bondhus metric and one set of imperial keys.
Used daily. For years.
I wont be doing any heavy Car work with them ( maybe bicycle work ) but I do have a set of socket set ones about 5 - 15mm for heaver duty stuff

I suppose that a set of these would also be useful but I will go with the L shape normal set because it always seems to me anyway that the hex head is in an in assessable place especially the smaller ones. Door handle grub screw, back of tap, --- er that's all I can think of :ROFLMAO:
Alas If that were always so, the hex head on my saddle mount is mostly obscured by the saddle so with a "traditional" allen key you can only turn a tiny bit at a time as the saddle is fouling it whereas with the long shaft on the T handle one it's a piece of cake.

Alas If that were always so, the hex head on my saddle mount is mostly obscured by the saddle so with a "traditional" allen key you can only turn a tiny bit at a time as the saddle is fouling it whereas with the long shaft on the T handle one it's a piece of cake.
Ah yes I know what you mean about the saddle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back