Recommend me an under sink heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm going to get an under sink water heater fitted in my flat. It's only got to service the kitchen and bathroom sink.

I think 15l 3KW ought to do it.

I believe I need an unvented heater - is this correct? It will be being fitted by a plumber, but they don't have any recommendations. Anything I should look out for to make sure it's fitted properly?

Any brands recommended? Ones to avoid?

Cheers

Al

Sponsored Links
i would recomend hyco santon or zip, look out for where he plumbs the safty valve discharge pipe to. basicaly it should go outside and near to the floor

I,d recommend a 13Kw redring heater. Much smaller and easier as long as you can get the electrics there.

Hi,

I'm going to get an under sink water heater fitted in my flat. It's only got to service the kitchen and bathroom sink.

I think 15l 3KW ought to do it.

I believe I need an unvented heater - is this correct? It will be being fitted by a plumber, but they don't have any recommendations. Anything I should look out for to make sure it's fitted properly?

Any brands recommended? Ones to avoid?

Cheers

Al

I think that will be adequate, but just bear in mind that this will take 30mins to heat back up again and it can run out quickly, especially if you are running the kitchen sink doing the pots then wanting to use the basin.

To be safe I would go with the 13kW Redring heater too.... obviously wired up as per manufacturers instructions.

Sponsored Links
I'd love to put in an instantaneous 13kw heater, but Sparky says no. It would exceed the maximum 100A allowed through the consumer unit.

Thanks for the tips, confusing as a confusing thing picking one of these heaters. Prices varying from £150 to over £400 for things that seem to be pretty much identical.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back