Recommendation for bath taps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok... me again with another question.... :)

I'm looking for a wall mounted bath filler, that will work at 0.1 bar. (Taps will be about 1.5m below base of CWT)

A few weeks ago I ordered a 3 hole, 0.1 bar bath filler, with matching basin tap, but having chased the supplier they today tell me the manufacturer has stopped production of the bath filler.... and not having taps is now holding up the bathroom refurb.

So... can anyone recommend a suitable bath filler, either a specific model, or a range, (preferably one that won't cost me an arm and a leg...upto £250 would be fine.)

I'm finding it annoying that some places state a bath filler is suitable for 0.1 bar but when you visist the manufactures website they state a minimum of 0.2 bar... can't people be consistant..?!?!? :cry:

Edit: Ok, after an evening browsing the net I've decided on the Grohe bath filler, at least that consistantly says it will cope with low pressures.

Does anyone know why their bath filler only uses 15mm pipework, instead of the standard 22mm for baths..?

Sponsored Links
Dammit... another sleepless night thinking about bathrooms, taps etc....

Maybe I'm asking the wrong question here, should I be asking what would happen if I fitted a bath filler that said "minimum 0.5 bar" to a supply that only had 0.2 bar...?

Thnking about the Grohe taps with their 15mm supply at 0.2 bar, I'd get a pretty slow bath fill. Would I be better to get a bath filler with 22mm fill, even if it wasn't working at its best.?

TIA

Daryll.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back