Reconnection of Loft Light after complete House Re-wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, my home has recently been fully rewired, just noticed that the electricians that carried out the work have left my loft light disconnected, i want to reconnect but i am having difficulty in finding a 1.0mm t&e that is live because all the old cables were left in situ, how can i test to find the correct cable to tap in to using a junction box, any help would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Tried a cable today & proved to be dead.

RIP then!

Get the spark back to fix the light if it was part of the contract.

All the new cables should have the new colour scheme (brown = live blue = neutral and CPC)

Sponsored Links
OK Gents, i am new to the forum and thought i would just ask for a little help, thanks for positive answers, the cable are all new colours, so i presume i just search for the nearest cable coming in to the loft from the rooms below.

Make sure it is not a switch cable though - there will be no Neutral.
Follow safe isolation procedures as well.

OK Gents, i am new to the forum and thought i would just ask for a little help, thanks for positive answers, the cable are all new colours, so i presume i just search for the nearest cable coming in to the loft from the rooms below.
Why not search for one of the lights in one of the rooms below?

undo all of the ceiling roses on the floor below.
find the one with only 2 cables into it.
that's the last one on the radial.
connect a new wire to that one from your loft light, via a switch..

job done..

View media item 13602
wires 2 and 3 are the switch wires for that light.
wires 4 and 5 are the live in and live out ( you will be wiring the brown of your new wire to here. )
wires 6 and 7 are the neutral in and out. ( you wire the blue to here )
the earths go in the block at the top..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back