Record deck USB software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a record deck from Asda with the idea of converting all vinyl into MP3 format.

First problem was although big claims on box to convert to MP3 format one has to download lame_enc.dll before it will work and the software is Audacity a free download anyway.

However the big problem is the deck overdrives the software and any peaks in the music become distorted. Tried the 60 second sound recorder that comes with windows and that works A1 so PC and Deck must be OK. I tried the Beta version and there is slight improvement but still overdrives using the USB cable.

Instructions say to go into "Sounds and Audio Devices" to adjust input level but with USB Audio CODEC selected the Volume button is greyed out.

Using sound card with Phono plugs I can record and adjust levels however and of the computer systems cause to bell or gong to sound that is transferred to recording.

In Audacity the input level slider seems to have no effect. For USB Audio Device it is listed as "Manufacturer: (Generic USB Audio)" is there some other version which would not grey out volume control? Or is there a better program than Audacity which allows the input to be controlled?

Sponsored Links
I use a program called Sound Forge 9.
I've never used a USB connected record deck, only a Jack plug through my sound card connected to "line in" so not sure if it will cure your problem.
Sorry probably not much help

Sponsored Links
Back