Red Light

noentry.gif

Phewww......For a second there, I thought this was a new forum addition..........'Burka smiley'................ :eek:

Sponsored Links
iirc in the highway code book,amber means STOP.
also im sure it mentions that you should not be going to fast to stop.

When did that change then?, all these years and I thought amber was 'prepare to stop'.....

(If only I could find my copy of the Highway Code, having to fight off the moths, maybe I would find a reference to carrying a red flag in front of you) ;)

DH

Thanks Gregers, its just a good job I don't smoke in my Van, carry other peoples rubbish ( I mean recyclables..), use my iPhone while driving, become distracted by attractive members of the opposite gender, need to get to get to my next 'plumbing emergency' in a hurry, as otherwise I would have no points left.:)

DH

Sponsored Links
also im sure it mentions that you should not be going to fast to stop.

so what's the stopping distance at 30mph? or 5 mph? or 1 mph?
eiter way there's a point where you are closer than that safe stopping distance and if it changes then, you can't stop.
so in order to be able to stop at the line if it changes to amber, you could never cross it..

£60 fine and 3 points plastered on my license, for crossing a red light, but it only just turned as I was passing, the copper wasnt having any of it....silly me I should have seen the car behind me. :oops:

£60 fine and 3 points plastered on my license, for crossing a red light, but it only just turned as I was passing, the copper wasnt having any of it....silly me I should have seen the car behind me. :oops:

That's what I got too. And there wasn't another car on the road at the time. It was a camera that got me, I didn't know it was there.

wierd thing is coppers seem to act duties according to how they are feeling and what thier agenda is..a copper may let you off something if they are on another duty while they find you in breach or in a jolly mood.

as seen on COPS

Sponsored Links
Back