Redecorating my Bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I want to paint my room and make a few changes to my furniture.

I want to make a desk out of a piece of kitchen worktop. I will no doubt add more questions to this thread :oops: but for now

Where can I buy legs for the desk? metal ones?

And if I can't buy legs, if I bought a piece of work top, do places like Wickes cut it up for you? can you buy a length say two metres and ask them to cut bits off for you? is this a mad figment of my imagination?

thank you

ESM

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if Wickes have a timber cutting area. Most B&Q's do. B&Q probably have a better range of 'tops too.

Sponsored Links
thank you Crafty :) I am not that fussed about the colour of the worktop tho - next potentially stupid question, Can I spray paint the work top? cos that was kinda the plan......

I shall investigate B and Q I don't know where one is round here.

ESMxx

If you're spray painting it then you might as well get a sheet of MDF - it will the cheaper and lighter too. Melamine is well known for tis easy cleaning properties so may not take spray paint too well / durably.

Hmmm.... ok.

the thing is I already have the worktop..... its a left over. I can buy two more bits to to make the sides(legs) of the desk, but I don't know any one with a big car to transport a large piece of well anything! so I am stuck with what I have got if you see what I mean.

I painted some melamin furniture with gloss paint years ago when I was a poor student and whilst it didn't look amazing it did work. I was wondering if Car paint would work better? that is why I asked about spray paint.

thanks again!

ESMxx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back