Redesigning Bathroom - location of toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

We currently have a separate bathroom and toilet at opposite ends of the hallway. I am trying to juggle the bathroom suite around so that we can put the toilet in the bathroom and then have a shower room where the toilet currently is.

I have the following queries that I hope someone maybe able to answer!!

If we relocate the toilet into the bathroom, is it ok for the toilet to be mounted on an inside wall with a soil pipe of about a meter until it goes through the outside wall and connects to the drains?

Will the outside drains have to be altered to take the soil pipe or can you just add the the soil pipe to it, bearing in mind that the drains are already taking the bathroom water at the moment. Although the house is 1920s all the pipes in the drains were relaid 4 years ago.

Can anyone foresee any major problems with this idea!!! I am assuming that putting a shower were the toilet is now will be ok as there is drainage already there with a cold water supply and electirc for the shower.

Any help much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
What diameter approx is drain pipe outside bathroom. 4"ok, 1.5" not ok.

If you are moving your toilet and will be using the existing soil pipe, then you will be ok.
However, if you wish to add a new soil pipe to an existing drain you will need to ensure the base (underground) of the pipe has a slow radius bend.
Any alteration to underground drainage is subject to Building Control inspections who will advise you accordingly.
No doubt there will be a fee. :(

I have typed this twice because the site went down :evil:

Sponsored Links
rofl5.gif
rofl5.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back