redirecting

adm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any ideas why i am always being redirected to a different web site other than the one i am searching for through google.
I am fully covered by virgin media pc guard and regular scans are schedueld and run for anti virus and spyware etc.but nothing is showing why i am being redirected all the time and it is driving me insane.
Any help most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Malware,

I've been to look at a PC with exactly the same symptoms tonight, although I've not had time to fix it yet.

Try downloading and installing malwarebytes or Spybot S&D, however unfortunately the malware may block the execution of the programs.

Just as a matter of interest, try going to start and then run and typing regedit and clicking ok, see if you get the message "Registry editing has been disabled"

Thanks for the reply, i tried the regedit as you suggested and all that is coming up is a white screen with my computer wrote on the top left hand side.

Virgin Media PC Guard is next to useless. I have fixed 4 or 5 computers with this program supposedly providing protection.

MalwareBytes is a good removal tool.

I would personally recommend Avira Antivirus, Threatfire, the MVPS HOSTS file, and Firefox with Adblock plus as a good basic package of free protection.

Sponsored Links
Has anyone any ideas why i am always being redirected to a different web site other than the one i am searching for through google.
I am fully covered by virgin media pc guard and regular scans are schedueld and run for anti virus and spyware etc.but nothing is showing why i am being redirected all the time and it is driving me insane.
Any help most appreciated.
Yes i have come across this many times. It is possible that a rootkit has been installed on your pc. If you find that S&D does not work or Malwarebytes i would suggest that you go to the S&D forums there are some brilliant techs there who will assist you in removing the nasties that you definitely have in your machine. Do you use Limewire or any peer to peer sharing sites? Downloading alleged Free Software off the net can also get these nasties into your PC. PC Guard is useless at stopping these it has no defence against them what so ever and neither do a lot of other so called professional Anti -Virus software. S&D is usually the only thing that will remove what is in there. If you cannot start the programme then you have something pretty nasty in the PC and would it suprise you if i told you that the Ukranes have got your computer connection. Be very wary and get your self to S&D forums now. Do not download any other freeware programmes which say they can help with this problem. Spy- Doctor stay well clear of that. Spy-Bot Search And Destroy. Go to the forum there. Also be prepared as this may be a lengthy process it certainly wont be quick. VERY IMPORTANT YOU GET WHAT EVER IT IS IN YOUR PC OUT NOW.

I am not going to post any link to this site in case this gets spoofed. Go to Google and tap S&D forums go down the list until you find SpyBot -S&D Safer Networking Forums. You may have to sign up but its free and the people that will assist you there are trained they are experts at this very problem and will guide you very carefully. I can safely recommend this service. And it is totally FREE with no added extras.:cool:

Back