"Reduced Mode"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have recently had a Baxi Netatec combi boiler installed in conjunction with a Baxi 720644701 wired 7 day programmable sensor.
I have programmed the central heating to come on 3 times a day thinking that at the end of each program the heating would go off until the next timed event. Apparently this is not happening and at the end of each timed period the system goes into "Reduced Mode" whereby the boiler still fires up but heats at a reduced rate.
My question is, when I want the heat off I want it off not to go into "Reduced Mode" do you know how to disable this mode? The manual is not very helpful on this. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have programmed the central heating to come on 3 times a day thinking that at the end of each program the heating would go off until the next timed event. Apparently this is not happening and at the end of each timed period the system goes into "Reduced Mode" whereby the boiler still fires up but heats at a reduced rate.
My question is, when I want the heat off I want it off not to go into "Reduced Mode" do you know how to disable this mode? The manual is not very helpful on this. Thanks
The "reduced mode" probably means that the thermostat is set to maintain a lower temperature; this is quite common with modern digital thermostats. You don't turn the boiler off, just tell it to maintain a lower temperature.

You have to set time temperature combinations, e.g:

7am, 21C
9am, 10C
5pm 21C
11pm 10C.

The set temperature is maintained from the start of the period until the start of the next period, .i e:

7am - 9am: 21C
9am - 5pm: 10C
5pm - 11pm: 21C
11pm - 7am: 10C.

If the boiler is still running when it should be off, the temperature for the 'off' period is too high. It sound as if the 'Reduce Mode' temperature needs to be set to lower value.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back