Reduced to a dribble!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My son has recently moved into an old bungalow that needs some renovation. One of the problems that has me stumped is his hot water tap on the bathroom washbasin - it just won't work!

Apparently it worked for a day or two, slowed to a dribble, and then just stopped. The actual bath tap (about 1.5m away) works fine.

I've not had the boxwork covering the pipes off yet, so not sure what the configuration is under there. He's recently had a new Baxi Combi installed, but we don't know if the problem existed before then, as he didn't move in until after the boiler was done.

We've also fitted a new electric shower unit, but as this obviously only uses the cold supply I can't see that this would affect it.

Anyone got any ideas? (As I'm new to the forum, answers in very plain English would be much appreciated!!)

Cheers,

Pete

Sponsored Links
It could be something as simple as the tap jumper (the bit that holds the washer) is stuck down due to the washer spreading with age.
Presumably its a typical compression tap, and not a quarter turn jobby!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks folks.

If it's something as simple as a new washer my face is going to be red! It is a normal tap, and the washer is quite manky so I'll try a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back