Reducing Height of Small Concrete Area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to reduce the height of a small area (about 15cm x 10cm) of my concrete floor which for some reason is about 5mm higher than the rest of the floor.

I've tried the bolster chisel approach but this was taking an age and I've now borrowed a 4" angle grinder. Would this be suitable for levelling this concrete area and if so, what would be the best grinding disk for the job.

I realise that dust will get everywhere so want to try to get the job done as quickly and effortlessly as possible.

Many thanks as ever,

Damian

Sponsored Links
I've seen a machine, looks rather like a big floor polisher, but has an abrasive disk. Was used to give a smooth finish to a cement-based floor topping. May be possible to hire one? I have an idea it was used wet and generated a slurrry.

Both,

Thanks for the replies. The area is so small and in a corner that anything more than a handheld tool would be too big.

Does anyone know about a Diamond Planner than can be hired from most hire shops. It planes up to 2.5mm at a time, so a couple of runs with that might be sufficient. Also comes with a dust extraction bag.

Anyone know much about this bit of kit?

Many thanks,

Damian

Sponsored Links
For the relatively small area you have described a concrete planer should be sufficient. I used one for a similar job and was surprised at how well it 'planed'. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back