REFILLING A FEROLLI F24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Gents,not used this forum for some time.I have moved in to a house where there is a ferolli DOMI Condens boiler fitted. The boiler is approx 2 years old. The previous owner has drained the system down. How do I refill it again. It also seems there is no air pressure in the vessel. Do I need to pressurise this 1st before filling the system. (14psi) Also is there a vent valve on this boiler.there is a cap at the back of the boiler with a small hole in it but the cap is closed. Also for reference,Is there a drain cock on the boiler. I have read that the vessel may have water in and need to drain the boiler only while repressurising the system.
I would be really grateful as I need to get some heat on.
ps there is no room stat and there is an integral clock,any idea how to set this as the instructions refer to the room stat or the remote control(missing)
Thank you

Sponsored Links
f##k me mate, slow down!!!!!! 1st you need to find the filling loop, a silver braided pipe connecting 2 pipes then , turn then valves to let thepressure increase

The filling loop isnt a braided pipe,it is a copper pipe with two valves on this type of boiler.I have a fairly good understanding of plumbing,but got a bit put off by someone saying the pressure vessel will need pressurising.There is no air when depressing the shraider valve

If you see my other question on page one,I have filled the sytem and bled the rads but got an error code 03 which is vent the system.the boiler wont fire up

Sponsored Links
look mate, plumbing and heating are two separate trades and having a good understanding of plumbing means jack s##t when it comes to central heating, it really gets my my goat when people ask a plumber to fix their central heating/boiler problems?????????? plumbers deal with bathroom sweets, toilets, showers,drainage etc. and thats no disrespect to plumbers cos there are a lot of excellent plumbers out there who really know their job but still, they aint no gas engineers!!

If you see my other question on page one,I have filled the sytem and bled the rads but got an error code 03 which is vent the system.the boiler wont fire up

03 is overheat stat. Get someone in who knows what they r doing. overheat will kill the flow switch on the DHW (depending on model) that will cost more than a heating engineer. You (like me) have to pay for what u dont know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back