Refitting kitchen taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am putting a new kitchen in, and need to remove the kitchen sink, rout out the worktop and replace the sink.

I have a hot and cold feed (obviously) neither of which have isolation valves. The internal stop cock for the cold water feed is the same area.

Will switching off the stop cock stop the flow of water for both the hot and cold feeds?

I've been told that I need to drain down the boiler from a friend, but he has not seen the job.

Should I fit isolation valves to each feed before I refit the sink?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Lee

Sponsored Links
Do you have a combi boiler?
If so closing the stop tap and opening the taps will drain down the system.
While you are doing that, I would take the opportunity to install service valves to both hot and cold supplies.

from your lack of info its hard to tell what hot water system you have. you should'nt need to drain you boiler.

Hi,

Sorry, yes I have a combi boiler.

I occasionally have to top up the water in the combi by turning two valves (one clockwise and the other counter clockwise). Is one of these used to drain down the combi.

I was hoping I don't need to do that.

Cheers, Lee

Sponsored Links
just turn off your incoming mains stop tap. that will stop the flow of hot and cold. open any taps including pushing down the toilet float valve, if you can get to it. no need to drain the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back