Refreshing bathroom tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm giving my bathroom a makeover, and want to clean up the existing wal tiles. They're 60mm light blue in colour with white grout between. I say white grout, but it's turned a nasty grey colour and I want to whiten it or replace it. I tried scraping out the grout, but it is rock hard and I'm afraid of chipping the tiles. Any suggestions how I could either soften the grout to help its removal, or whiten the grout without further removal?

Sponsored Links
Make up a 50/50 solution of bleach and water and use an old toothbrush to scrub the joints then leave for a day....then rinse the whole wall down

I have found Flash gel with Bleach does an excellent job. The gel will cling to the grout long enough to bleach it, then wash it down with an old toothbrush. Scouring powder with bleach also is effective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back