regs for boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm turning my old kitchen into a bathroom. The boiler is in this room and I'm unsure to whether I have to place it somewhere else under building regs. Could I box it in?

Its an oil boiler if that helps?

Thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
check with the manufacturers of the boiler. Everyone will have different opinions. The new worcesters for example can be put anywhere except directly over the bath, or 600mm away if using a rf stat. No need for a cupboard either!

edit. just noticed oil boiler..still check M

Is it a room sealed oil boiler or open flued. Does it have a chimney coming out of the top. If it is conventional flued would will almost certainly have to move it. Boilers don't like too much moisture being pulled in to the combustion area. Check MI or contact OFTEC they will advise.

its got a flu that goes into the wall behind it (which is an old chimney blocked up everywhere else).

Sponsored Links
It's open flued then, definately can't have it in a bathroom.

Can you make a boiler room for the smelly oily horrible waste of oxygen?

You may, if the chimney is on an outside wall, be able to knock an HRM Wallstar through.

Simple but well made boiler, but you may (subject to exact location) need to put a ventilated box around the casing to meet electricity regs - if it is less than IPX4 rated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back