Regular condensing boiler thoughts please

Guys, Thanks ever so much for all your thoughts, so much to think about.
Made it worse last night, i phoned my Aunt cos she knows a lot of plumbers etc. When i told her what i was thinking, she said oh i have just had a WB combi fitted and its brilliant. She has a rather large house so assume she had a beefy one put in (she has 3 showers!!).
That has thrown a spanner in the works for me now, cos she said all modern boilers whether they be regular or combi are as likely to go wrong due to the electronics in them all.
Argghhhh, its just so difficult, my HUbby was glad to go to work thismorning,hehehee.....

Sponsored Links
she said all modern boilers whether they be regular or combi are as likely to go wrong due to the electronics in them all.
mine doesn't have a pressure vessel or a PRV (they both sometimes leak) or a diverter valve or a flow switch, so they can't go wrong. Looking at the posts about boilers on this site, they often crop up.

As my boiler is not pressurised, I do not have to watch the pressure and top it up

the pump is external to the boiler, it is a standard Grundfos that can be changed by any plumber (or me) without needing any boiler training. The 3-port valve is a standard Honeywell, same applies. The programmer, same.

If you want info on Broag Remeha installers, give them a phone on 0118 974 3060.

Sponsored Links
i think it is time for alu alloy to out of the dark.

i would never fit a manufacturer that uses cast alu for its hx (ideal for example) but i have now have a intergas boiler in my house that has a injected mold alu hx with 10 year warranty on it.

and a little known fact that viessmann used alu for it 100 when they first came over here. they only change it when they could see a marketing opportunity with stainless steel.

AWB use ally heat exchangers and they're solid. They put them in the SD Ecosy and Enviroplus. Never known one to fail and was told that they are about as reliable as Heat Exchangers get, don't block up either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back