Regular popping from one radiator.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I've seen a few similar but not exactly the same issues on the board as the trouble I am having.

I recently moved into an old terraced house that has had CH put in some years ago, the boiler looks quite new (Ferroli Modena 102 )

My problem is that the radiator in my bedroom is "popping". This noise is a regular pattern of sounds that gets louder then dies away and after a few minutes reappears making exactly the same noise.

I have bled the radiators upstairs and if anything it has gotten worse. My wife, who's pregnant, is getting rather upset at this as it is dsturbing her sleep. Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Does the noise happen when the ratiator is warming up, stops, then happens again when it cools?

No it's happening all the time, when they are on. I've not checked to see if it is only happening when they are on or if it is happening when they are off also.

Sponsored Links
Also, they are made by Satchwell and look rather old.

I've just noiticed that the other front bedroom radiator also suffers from this but no other rad upstairs or in the rest of the house.

it sounds a bit like water hammer through the trv when it next happens try turning the trv up full see if the noise stops. if it does check the pump is switched to no:2, if it is you will more than likely need to replace the trvs buy quality though

best regards

Brian

Thanks for your help it is very much appreciated.

Barnaby

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back