Regularly raised pressure with combi??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a post qualified level 2 no nothing plumbing student or know very little anyway!!! I was asked at work today why this guys combi boiler was regularly showing high pressure on his gauge. I do not know anything about combi's, but he did say he has to regularly bleed his rads. The boiler is only a couple of years old and the rads not much older. Is the system drawing in air from somewhere or what. Said I would try and find out. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
A pressurised sealed system should not be able to draw in air, it is more likely to be hydrogen gas due to a lack of inhibitor in the system

before adding inhibitor the cause of high system pressure must be rectified, this could be lack of air in the expansion vessel, or the filling loop valves letting by ( disconnect the flex hose to prove this) or possibly the hot water heat exchanger could be passing water form the secondary side to the primary circuit. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back