Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some John Guest Push in Drain Cock thingi's

If I take the rubber bit out, can I just solder em in to a Yorkshire

Obviously I'll clean em up afterwards & put the guts back in

What says J00's ?

Sponsored Links
Very expensive way of providing drain points. Why not see if you can take them back to the supplier? Personally I've long since given up using drain cocks - they're so awkward to use and unreliable. Better to fit a simple 50p isolating ball valve.

chrishutt, i find the "Type A" drain cocks to work fine, i don't have problems with them, at most the washer goes on them. a (good) iso valve maybe better for quick drain downs when it all goes tits up tho :eek:

Sponsored Links
Blech ...... I bought em off of ebay I guess If I dab a lil copper based grease in em they will be ok as far as seizing goes ...........

I'm going to put them all over the place ...... My current system only has one drain & its a good 2 meters above the lowest point..... Oooer its got one stop cock thingi too ......... But thats well & truly broken ...... Well someone hacksawed the handle shaft off donkeys years ago.

There are two problems with drain cocks!

First careless installers solder them in and the washer sticks.

They do not have a pressure seal on the shaft of the screw and will drip whilst in use.

I agree the isolating valves are the same price or cheaper and enable a pressure seal and can be used for power flushing.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back