Religion? how many decades has it got?

S

Sombrero

For the past couple of thousand years, a number of blokes in frocks have been able to control the masses.. (much needed).. But of late, (the last 100 years), things have changed... science has reared it's test tube shaped head... abd the scriptures now don't make common sense.

With the speed of science, and the slowness of the reproductive cycle.. how long has 'religion' got?

400 years?

Sponsored Links
There will always be people who want or need to believe.
And there'll always be plenty of others to take advantage of that.

Strong people don't need religion, only the weak headed easily led ones do.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Christianity will die but Islam will prevail and Sharia law will prevail and non stop violence will be the way.

Western cultures are losing religion due to liberalism not science.
Science will not alter my view that the ten commandments are a good rule of thumb for a civilised society.

Unfortunately a financially weak western civilisation cannot keep Islam at bay.
That takes a huge will as its spread is relentless. Islam is like a superannuated Cosa nostra. If you are not in - we will kill you - If you leave - we will kill you. How can populations without state support stop that kind of hobsons choice.

It's true. Islam is on a world takeover bid. Christianity did the same until fairly recently; the Catholic church probably still has such an aspiration. Other religions - Buddhism, Judaism and others - seem to have no such goals and are happy to keep themselves to themselves.

Islam, in particular, is finding much success largely because the industrialised western nations (their major targets a the moment) are realising that they don't need religion any more, so the muslims see that as a power vacuum.

I believe that religion will eventually entirely disappear. It is already happening. Some religions will, I am sure, persist for longer than others but, as societies and scientific knowledge advance, they too will eventually wither away. Perhaps a few more centuries in some cases.

But if we were visited by aliens from another galaxy, I think it would wipe out religion straight away.

Andy

Pagan religion is making a come back in Mexico, Catholicism is not fulfilling the needs,Liberation Theologian Priests have had interesting results ,they believe they should help the poor!Poor and disenfranchised folk levitate to religian ,iliminate poverty and ignorance and the world will change shape.

Christianity is doomed, i agree... Islam is strong, but it won't take over all of the world. China is too big, and not interested in allah!

Britain is at huge risk of becoming a muslim country... but hopefully not in my kids' lifetime !

Britain is at huge risk of becoming a muslim country... but hopefully not in my kids' lifetime !

It will be a gradual takeover, however, rather than a sudden change. During your kids' lifetimes I should imagine that we shall have witnessed a situation where there are more mosques than churches. Bear in mind that, as well as the large, more noticeable mosques, there are also many very small ones, often just a converted house.

I think that, certainly in urban areas, mosques probably already outnumber churches.

Of course, that's not the important thing. The most important thing to watch out for is when, or how soon, we find our laws changing to accommodate sharia laws.

It will be a gradual takeover, however, rather than a sudden change. During your kids' lifetimes I should imagine that we shall have witnessed a situation where there are more mosques than churches. Bear in mind that, as well as the large, more noticeable mosques, there are also many very small ones, often just a converted house.

I think that, certainly in urban areas, mosques probably already outnumber churches.

Of course, that's not the important thing. The most important thing to watch out for is when, or how soon, we find our laws changing to accommodate sharia laws.

Exactly, but forget mosques vs churches as your measure, count the number of muslim MP's.... because they make more decisions than churches...

The indigenous white population has, on the whole become numb with local politics, yet it is the ideal mechanism for you minority constituents to make their mark... and get into parliament.

It's a slippery slope, mark my words !!

Sponsored Links
Back