Remeha 28c boiler

But it may not be the customer who insists on a sealed system boiler. He may say he he wants to get rid of the HW cylinder to free up the space. So the installer recommends a combi boiler. (How many combi boilers are there which are not sealed? I can't think of any.)

So the customer takes the advice of the installer and has a combi boiler installed. Then the problems arise - leaking valves (easily fixed), pressure loss which cannot be located. The customer will, quite rightly, say to the installer, "You didn't advise me of any potential problems so I'm not going to pay to put them right. That's down to you."

They would have to insist with me, I won't offer to pressurise old systems. However an open vent system should still have been installed to withstand reasonable pressure eg. 3 bar. If it doesn't it's faulty and that's not the installer's fault. The potential problems only exist if the customer's system is in substandard condition regardless of age.

I have to agree, any existing vented system should stand 3Bar+ pressure. But frankly, I, like lots of installers would look at the way the existing system has been installed & have a fair idea of how well it'll stand up to increased pressure................Over the last 200 years, there's very few pipes & fittings been installed too leak. Mostly people try to leave a water tight job.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back