Remeha Avanta Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just purchased an isense wireless RF thermostat the instructions say to first change boiler to open therm, (no instructions in manuel to say how to do this) any ideas.

Sponsored Links
If your boiler does not support OpenTherm SmartPower you will need a separate 5V power supply for the iSense receiver.

all remeha support open therm..its just a question of connecting it to the right terminals on the board removing any existing ones.

Any competent installer can do this...

Sponsored Links
The boiler was fitted 2 years ago it is an Avanta plus 35c it was fitted with a wireless remeha mechanical thermostat, which the dog chewed. I have disconnected the receiver which was in the boiler front which had 4 wires going into block X2 pins 1,2 3 and 5 and wired the isense into terminal 7 & 8 of block X9 as stated in the manual ibase powered up with green light flashing every 4 secs (instruction manual says working) but when trying to connect to it with isense fault 216 showing saying Unable to connect to ibase. Tried over and over again will not connect. Any ideas.

I would ask the installer back...and if you are an installer get into the combustion chamber!

Thanks, tried resetting many times reset ibase (held it down till it flashes every second) but will not connect to isense

you need to re wire block X2 with 1 to 4 and 3 to 4

then connect i sense rf unit to terminal 7 and 8 as per instructions.

the power for the unit is provided by terminals 7 and 8 these reguire a feed signal form the connections in X2

Ha Ha Agile No not a CORGI but a Bulldog and everytime it moves heating comes on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back