Remeha Avanta Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can anyone help me please ?
My boiler (above make) is leaking drip by drip from a small brass fitting on the underside of the boiler... there seems to be two similar fitting either side of the boiler and the one on the right is leaking.
The brass fitting has hatching around it with a small nipple at the end through which the drips are forming.
Do I need a plumber or can I fix it.

Sponsored Links
Can you take and post here a nice close up picture?

Tony

They are the flow and return connections; the nipple is for connecting a hose when draining.

Tighten the screw on the left and it should stop dripping.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for taking time to reply. I have checked the screw to the left as you suggest. It only seems to turn half a turn or so and seems to be some kind of adjustment..
Any other thoughts ?
Does teh photo help ?

I think you tighten the knurled body of the nipple itself!

thnaks for taking the trouble to reply. I have tighten it as tight as I possibly can....it still drips slightly...
suggestions welcomed...new part required or seal threads ?

The drain nipples on the Avanat are brass to brass, so once tightened they should not leak, are you quite sure the water is not running down the brass valve assembly from the top union and dripping from the drain nipple at the bottom, the unions on these are sealed using a fibre washer and these can sometimes fail - I would suggest a very carefull examination after throroughly drying the fitting with paper towel ;)

Thank you boilerman I suspect you may be correct....I think this is a job beyond my DIY skills.
I shall find a plumber/boiler expert in my area (Saffron Walden Essex)..any recommendations welcomed. Thanks again..

Spot on Boilerman! just checked above the nipple and it is dripping from above.
Anything I can do as a DIY guy: to fix or reduce leak whilst I find a plumber, boiler expert ?

It might be prudent to get someone to check the internals of the boiler, particularly the diverter valve assembly in the rhs hydroblock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back