Remeha Avanta range

Sponsored Links
And since they started integrating SD “technology” in vaillants, I don't think they are improving.

i would agree with most of what you say ben except that bit. Dunno where you heard that its codswallop. All vaillant stuff comes from vaillant. Most SD technology(asfaik) now comes from AWB in Holland, if you look at the AWB boilers they are very similar to the new glowworm ultracom2

I have found over prob last 4 years Vaillant Eco Tec range has stood out as the best product for reliability

I have made a policy desision not to recommend vaillants because two of their staff on the same occasion on the phone to me were evasive and untruthful about the design fault which they claim is not a design fault, vis a vis the Graphite seal requirement. As qualified people here will know when a seal has gone so Graphire required the earth lead and the HT lead are usually badly burned, and also quite often the outer casing seal is damaged, all requiring replacement due to what I consider to be an error of parts specification in the design process. therefore it is perfectly reasonable to expect Vaillant to send out all those parts plus the graphite seal.

Further more their parts list in the manual is incomplete and Parts Centre couldn't help with sourceing all the above listed parts. Fortunately Gas Spares PReston have had to supply so many of these for this fault which Vaillant first man I spoke to acted as though it was the first time it had ever happened ( which really got me very cross as I told him when I was doing BG work we upgareded everything we attended with the Graphite Seal, basically he lied, I don't like liers!), that they know the patrt numbers off by heart.

So Vaillant need to train their staff to be transparent and truthful, and start sending out every part free of charge relating to this issue to anybody on the gas safe register who asks for it before I shall recommend them.

I have had no problems with the Avantas but a couple of people claim to have had loads of problems over on the combustion chamber and I was pretty well shot down in flames for defending the boiler.

Sponsored Links
I have made a policy desision not to recommend vaillants because two of their staff on the same occasion on the phone to me were evasive and untruthful about the design fault which they claim is not a design fault,
Not unlike the ecomax which had flue problems, and they denied there was a problem.

Fortunately Gas Spares PReston have had to supply so many of these for this fault which Vaillant first man I spoke to acted as though it was the first time it had ever happened
They never admit there is any kind of problem with any of their products. They must get courses in straight-faced lying.

Broag-Remeha are one of the nicest boiler makers in the UK if you need a part, just make sure your merchant FAXES the order to Wokingham before 3-00PM for NEXT DAY DELIVERY! 5 Year warrenty on Avanta range, My own boiler a 35c Combi nearly three years old and apart from a couple of services has never given the slightest problem

The boiler is very compact but also easy to work on, (if you remove the burner section with the fan and gas valve first, you can then access all the Hydronic parts and plate HE with ease!!) ;)

Got to tell you guys,Heateam are now the after sales service/repair people looking after Remeha.

So we can all sleep soundly now..........

Got to tell you guys,Heateam are now the after sales service/repair people looking after Remeha.
Are you sure, or just making an assumption based on the fact that Remeha has bought up Baxi Group? There's no mention of Remeha on the Heateam website.

Lets hope that the Past outstanding service is not compromised then and that Remeha continue to look after their independant Service agents!! (mind you Heateam don't do Commercial/Industrial?) ;)

Are you sure, or just making an assumption based on the fact that Remeha has bought up Baxi Group? There's no mention of Remeha on the Heateam website.

Yes they are, officially from sept 1st, I was told at training last Tuesday.

I still use a 'first aid kit' from Broag and usually do any, very few, warranty calls on my installations myself, then charge Broag.

If I can't make it then we have 2 other local agents who do Broag warranty work.

We have been told this will not change, but Heat Team are there for those who do not want to do their own warranty work etc.

Yes they are, officially from sept 1st, I was told at training last Tuesday.
Thanks for the info.

Was it a Remeha training course you went on? For some reason they are very reluctant to give out the names of installers who have been on the course. If you phone and ask for a name, all they say is that you should ask the chap if he has installed Remeha boilers before! As if he would say no!

The warrant also seems complicated. I was told, by Remeha, that it is 5 years parts and 2 years labour, but the heat exchanger is 5 years parts and labour. Also there is no way of upgrading the warranty to give five years parts and labour on everything.

The warrant also seems complicated. I was told, by Remeha, that it is 5 years parts and 2 years labour, but the heat exchanger is 5 years parts and labour. Also there is no way of upgrading the warranty to give five years parts and labour on everything.

There is if you use an installer like me. ALL my avanta's come with a full 5 year parts & labour warranty at no extra cost to the customer.

That applies from any merchant I may by them from, but I always stick to my local independent for their excellent personal service.

Are you using Plumbcity Dave?? they seem to be the only merchant that has Remeha boilers Ex Stock in E.Anglia! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back