Remeha - one radiator since service

This is not strictly relevant to your problem, but why such a large boiler? Did you have it installed or the previous owner?

The boiler has a max output of 33k for CH and 39kW for DHW. It may have been chosen for the DHW output if there is a high incoming cold water flow rate (15litres/min). This could mean it has too high an output for CH.

You have 14/15 rads which will probably add up to about 21/22kW. (Your data shows a max nF of 27, which is approx 15kW).

Sponsored Links
This is not strictly relevant to your problem, but why such a large boiler? Did you have it installed or the previous owner?

The boiler has a max output of 33k for CH and 39kW for DHW. It may have been chosen for the DHW output if there is a high incoming cold water flow rate (15litres/min). This could mean it has too high an output for CH.

You have 14/15 rads which will probably add up to about 21/22kW. (Your data shows a max nF of 27, which is approx 15kW).

Oh dear! Yes, it was the previous owner who fitted it. Incidentally, my current plumber is the guy who fitted it so I'm guessing he perhaps advised on it?! Not a great sign from what you're saying is it?!

I'm wondering if the plumber accidentally changed a setting on the console as he was reducing the temperature of my tap water.

Who knows what settings have been changed,there are many changeable settings.

You can set the boiler back to the factory settings as described in the installation instructions.

iirc these boilers take a while to ramp up to full heating load when heating is selected.

As long as all the radiators are fully turned on any external bypass not fully open them some heating cleaner can be squirted into the system it may clean any dirt in the diverter valve body.

Baxi now do after sales service for your boiler :!:

Regarding your previous post, it's all pointing towards the diverter valve by the sounds of it? ianmcd said there were several parts involved here....
1. diverter valve (is just a lump of brass)
2. a motor (called an actuator that moves the diverter cartridge in and out depending if you require HW or CH)
3. diverter cartridge

Sponsored Links
I don't really have a good local plumber
You need a heating engineer experienced on Remeha products,not really a plumbers job unless they have Remeha repair experience.

Good boilers if installed correctly and looked after :idea:

Ok so I've done a couple of things...

1. Rung Baxi and they have quoted the following. As there is currently a fault with the boiler they would charge £27.99 per month for 1 year which will cover parts and repairs up to £1500. After this year it would be £17.50 a month and this would include an annual service along with any parts/labour again up to £1500.
2. Rung the plumber who serviced it and he's got a heating engineer colleague that is going to take a look on Saturday and then suggest/do the the repair.

How does this sound?
Thanks

The diverter, (inner cartridge) are a weak point on these boilers. They tend to leak from the inner spindle, taking out the actuator motor, which sits above.
If this is the case it will be obvious as you will see water on the rhs, just behind the pump.

go for the Baxi fixed price repair, you then know what you are paying and we can only give you advice on the information that you have provided us with, at least with the fixed price repair you know what you are paying, be aware though that if it is not a boiler fault and it turns out to be a system fault unlikely that you will be covered , pretty sure it is the diverter valve cartridge , but as none of us have seen this boiler we are only going on what you have told us

Thanks guys. If it turns out to be the parts that MikeCip is referring to then what would the rough cost of it be? Similar/higher than the 12 x £27.99? Thanks guys.

most of us have referred to the same part, the diverter valve cartridge, but you have to understand that we only have your description to go with so we can not be 100% sure it is that, you have been well advised , anyone giving you advice on prices on here is not helping you.

Yes I agree ianmcd and I'm really greatful that the advice from you guys on here have pointed towards an area of potential fix and it's not looking like it's something I can solve myself with venting or consumer adjustments.

I was just asking whether the £335.88 that baxi offer is a reasonable figure for a divertor valve fix which could potentially be the fix. I have no idea what parts and labour for this sort of job would be.

Rung the plumber who serviced it and he's got a heating engineer colleague that is going to take a look on Saturday and then suggest/do the the repair.
Doesn't give me much confidence in the "plumber". Did you check that he was Gas Safe Registered for domestic boilers?

Ok, so.... the Gas Safe domestic engineer came and fitted a new divertor valve cartridge and actuator motor. This has solved the heating problem and I now get lovely hot water to all of my radiators. It has introduced an interesting problem in terms of DHW though. So when the heating is switched on and running and I want hot water, it takes approx 30 seconds to get hot whereas previously it used to get hot within 5 - 10 seconds.

It's also worth noting that once it's hot for 1 minute or so, and I turn off the tap for 5-10 responds (so the heating kicks back in) the DHW runs hot for 10 seconds, dips to cold and then take its 30 seconds to get back hot again.

Neither of these used to happen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back