Remember the worms in loo

Sponsored Links
Keep the lid down and see if they get in then.

I refuse to believe they are coming from the soil.

even if you dropped one down the pipe from the top the chance it landing in the branch is pretty slim and certainly not a regular habit.

Sponsored Links
I'm not interested enough to go looking for previous threads. Are they thread worms?

Keep the lid down and see if they get in then.

I refuse to believe they are coming from the soil.

even if you dropped one down the pipe from the top the chance it landing in the branch is pretty slim and certainly not a regular habit.

So, you think they may have crawled up the outside of the loo. ?

xr4x4 only hubby and I living here, and they only turn up sometime in the night.... ghost worms lol
Lynn

[]
. Oh I don't know, it just makes me quiver when I go for a pee and see a worm wiggling it's butt at me .
maybe the worm feels the same :mrgreen: Seeing as you can`t tell one end of a worm from the other- it might be watching you

I'm not interested enough to go looking for previous threads. Are they thread worms?

You don't have to go searching... I put the link in my first post, but you're not interested so forget it.

Hi Lynn

Having had the same thing as you (and the same reaction) discovered that these are known as Horsehair worms. They do not come from human bodies and transmitted into the water by dead insect bodies (flies, moths etc). If insects are dropped or fall into your loo (and that happens in our house), thats how the worm gets there. The horsehair worm lavae lives inside the insect and feeds outwards until it is free (in your bowl) or S bend. They can survive in water and move around easily. They are regarded as beneficial since they clean up insects. Bleach will work if you don't want to pick them out for the garden. Hope your mind is at rest !
Rugbynutrichard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back