Remote control for Accenta G4 Alarm system??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All. Does anyone know how to get a remote control fob to work with a G4 system? I need to be able to set/unset the alarm system from outside the garage (before I open the door).

I know I can use proximity fobs, or enter code into a RKP located in the garage but this will mean setting the entry delay to approx 2 minutes to be safe, and I don't like using this long a time.

Is there is a key set/reset function on the G4? If so I could find a remote control that operates a relay and take this into the G4. Have been through the install manual but there is no mention of one.

I should add that I have run the wires just now, but have not bought the system yet. I have used the Accenta G4 before and am very happy with it. However, I can use a different system if there is a better one. I realise there are several wireless systems which tend to come with remote controls but still prefer wired systems, if at all possible.

Sponsored Links
You could add relays and mess about.
Time for another panel.
Cooper
Texecom
Galaxy
Visonic

Thanks. I think you're right and I'm looking at a new panel. Galaxy is looking favourite G2-12 with wireless RF expander module should fit the bill without breaking the bank.

Alternative is i-on40 which has everything required in it (except phone dialler which I can add).

Any views on which is easier/better/more reliable of these two?

Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back