remoting boiler reset button

Altering a safety device on a gasfitting is dangerous and therefore illegal.
Any alteration to a boiler without approval of the manufacturer is illegal for that matter, to a degree that you can argue using any parts that are not supplied by the manufacturer is illegal.

This is very basic and very essential gas safety.
Unless we are talking about a heat only boiler with independent 7 day programmer, a second timer will not do the job either.
The best solution is as simple as it is effective, add one line to the fire drill programme that says turn boiler off at mains before testing the emergency shut off.

As for my authority, nobody is infallible, or can prove to be always better than anybody else.

My reference to government may not have been relevant as such, it is typical for public sector to spend a lot of time and money on a poor solution that is actually more of a patch than a real solution.
But by all means, tell me that I am wrong and you work in the field for a private company supplying accurate solutions to the open market and not to the public sector.

Sponsored Links
Altering a safety device on a gasfitting is dangerous and therefore illegal.
Any alteration to a boiler without approval of the manufacturer is illegal for that matter, to a degree that you can argue using any parts that are not supplied by the manufacturer is illegal.

This is very basic and very essential gas safety.
Unless we are talking about a heat only boiler with independent 7 day programmer, a second timer will not do the job either.
The best solution is as simple as it is effective, add one line to the fire drill programme that says turn boiler off at mains before testing the emergency shut off.

As for my authority, nobody is infallible, or can prove to be always better than anybody else.

My reference to government may not have been relevant as such, it is typical for public sector to spend a lot of time and money on a poor solution that is actually more of a patch than a real solution.
But by all means, tell me that I am wrong and you work in the field for a private company supplying accurate solutions to the open market and not to the public sector.

Many thanks for the reply

I can confirm you are wrong in as much as this is for a large hotel which is part of an international chain

Cheers

Richard

Why not contact the manufacturer to see if theres another solution ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back