Removal after PVA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I use PVA to help seal my engineered wood floor will I be able to remove it at a later date(without damaging the flooring)?

Will tghe PVA just crack apart?

Thanks

Vertical

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you mean?
PVAC glue in T&G's I hope. Any spillage remove with a cloth a.s.a.p.
(Trick is to put the glue in the 'bottom' of the groove)

I mean after PVA (what does the following C stand for) or PVAC the flooring together to create a more water resistant join, at a later date can I dismantle the flooring (if I move)?

Or will trying to dismantle the floor after it being PVAC destroy the click system?

Thanks

Vertical

Assuming the flooring is nailed or glued, then dismantling the flooring to take it to your new home will be no more difficult than removing the wallpaper so you can re-hang it at the new place.

Sponsored Links
vertical fool said:
I mean after PVA (what does the following C stand for)
PVAc (the "c" us a small one, apparently) = Poly Vinyl Acetate, or what we mere mortals call PVA..... Must remember to use the correct nomenclature, like PVCu not UPVC.

Scrit

JohnD said:
Assuming the flooring is nailed or glued, then dismantling the flooring to take it to your new home will be no more difficult than removing the wallpaper so you can re-hang it at the new place.
:LOL: :LOL:
Even if the floor isn't 'stuck-down' (glued to the underfloor) but only the T&G's are glued, the PVAc wood-glue will have the same effect: when removing the floor the tongue will normally end up broken and stuck in the groove. Remedy: chisel out and glue the boards to the underfloor.

On the other hand: why would you want to 'move' your floor with you? A proper Natural Wooden Floor increases the value of your home, making it an extra sellable feature and the money 'gained' can be invested again in a new Natural Wooden Floor in your new home. That's why we like to call it: a 'Solid' Investment ;)

pva glue soaks into the wood and is in general stronger than wood its self

if its the click system [and NOT glued]you can re use it but your talking 10% waistage because its been cut to fit
another10% because you ruined it taking it up another 10% because it got dammaged in transit ect ect ect

Spot on Big-All (Click-systems are not what they seem, or better: what they promise to be)

Thanks all.

The reason I`m wondering if I can dismantle it and take it with me at a later date is because I`m renting.

So is PVAc the same glue as PVA just the correct description?

Vertical

Yes, but the guys who manufacTure it refer to it as D2 or D3..... :confused: (D3 is cross-linked, i.e. weather proof or "exterioR grade")

sCRIT

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back