removal of blown loft insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 90m2 of blown loft insulation (Isowool) over old glass matting in my attic which I would now like to convert so I must remove it before I can survey for conversion. House is T-shape and has two very low roof spaces joining the main attic which are virtually inaccessible in places (which is why the second insulation installer used blown fibres instead of rolls).

Whats the best way to affordably get this stuff out?

Scooping out by hand into bin-bags could be very slow so are there machines, like the blower the installer used, to get this stuff out of the far nooks and crannies? Our Henry vacuum cleaner just gets choked. I was thinking of hiring a workshop dust extractor but that might get choked up too and I wonder how long the extraction hose can be.

The installer's blower was mounted in a van and it had about 100' of six inch hose. I think they cost about £10k.

Sponsored Links
you might try a garden vac intended for leaves. Should have a nylon mesh bag.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back